Over the past few years, it has been getting easier and easier to set up a printer on your Chromebook.
Quick Set-up instructions
- Click on the user icon at the bottom right of your screen
- Click “Settings”, scroll down and click “Show advanced settings”
- Scroll until you see the setting for “Google Cloud Print”
- Choose your printer from the list
Here are some google videos that walk you through setting up a traditional printer and a cloud printer.
Cloud printing can be very handy if you are printing things on the go. It gives you the ability to send files from anywhere right to your home printer.
If for some reason your printer is not supported by Google Cloud Print, I found an alternate wifi chrome app that sets up a local IP based printing service.
- Open the Chrome Store
- Search for HP Print (or click the link)
- Download and open
- Go to your printer and print off its’ set up page. On this page you will see the printer’s IP address.
- Once you have this, click “add printer,” enter the IP address and give it a name.