Yesterday, I saw some chatter online stating that Chrome will be supporting fingerprint readers. However, when I opened my Chromebook, which is running the developer build, I couldn’t find this new security capability. I spent some time looking around and found out where it is. Here is a quick tutorial on how to set up the fingerprint feature.
Make sure that you are running the developer build.
- Go in to your browser and type chrome://flags, and find the fingerprint feature.
- Change the drop down menu from Default to enabled.
- You will be prompted to restart.
- Go to settings and find smart lock under that menu you will find enable fingerprint.
- If you have a USB fingerprint reader, give it a try.