Google made waves last year when they entered into the phone market by releasing their first Google made phone. The Pixel stood out as one of the best phones of the year and even though it is a Verizon exclusive, it has far exceeded the sales numbers initially projected for the phone. Here is my wish list for the Pixel 2.
- Wireless Charging – I have enjoyed this on my Nexus 4, 5, and 6, but for some reason google left this feature off of the 6p and the new Pixel.
- Bigger screen, but not a bigger phone. I love the size of the Pixel XL, but I think google could take better advantage of the wasted space and increase the screen to body ratio.
- Front facing speakers. On the pixel, the audio seemed to be an after thought. With such a high quality phone, well thought out audio should be a priority.
- Integration of Tango. I know that adding this would be a long shot, but it is such a cool technology and I would love to see it on my next Pixel. Here is a link for more information on Tango.
- A little something extra as a surprise. I would really love to see some feature take me off guard and excite me. I can’t remember the last time a phone surprised me with a new feature that I didn’t see coming. In a world of leaks we tend to know all about every device that is coming out before the official release.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the current Google Pixel. It is one of the best phones from last year standing toe to toe with the s7 and iPhone 7, but there is always room for improvement. Those are just my two cents on the matter. If you have other features you would like to see, please let me know.