If you have a newer Android phone, you may find that an app you used before is now baked right into Androids OS so you don’t need it anymore. Here is a list of some common apps that you should delete right now!
- Flashlight app – These apps are very common and many of them have very invasive permissions to your phone. In addition to this, almost every phone purchased in the last two years already has a flashlight available as a standard feature.
- File Browser – In the past this was a needed feature, but has now become integrated into most new phones.
- Anti-Virus – Unless you are downloading apps and side loading (If you do not know what side loading is then odds are you are not doing it) then you do not need an antivirus. Google makes it a top priority to keep malicious apps out of the play store.
- Cleaner Apps – These apps are very common but provide very little benefit. They often come with annoying ads in the lock screen and constant reminders to scan your device. If you feel that you need such an app the only one I have found that is not invasive and annoying is ccleaner.
- Any other app you have not used in the last few months. If you are not using it and you have no intention to use it, remove it! Your phone will thank you.
Apps can make your phone great! They can add functionality and fun. However, when an app becomes redundant or invasive, it needs to be removed. Every app uses system resources. You may just find that the 5 minuets you will spend removing bad or unused apps will make your phone run longer and faster. As always please feel free to respectfully disagree or add anything that I may have missed in the comments or via the contact page.