Gmail now has Google wallet integration. If you link your debit card or bank account, there is no fee for sending money.
Here is how to set it up:
- Open Gmail.
- Click the Compose button.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to send money to.
- Add a subject and message text (optional).
- Click the $ icon (£ for UK users).
- If you don’t have Google Wallet yet, you’ll be asked to set up your account.
- To send money: Enter the amount you want to send and choose a funding source.
- To request money: Click Request at the top of the box, and enter the amount you’d like to request.
- Click Attach.
- Review your message and click Send.
source – Google