The Iphone 8 could be following the trend of the G6 and the Galaxy S8 by eliminating as much of the phone’s bezel as possible. In a leak , similar to one earlier in the year from Andy Rubin, a Chinese site, ifanr.com, asserts that the new Iphone could have a nearly bezel-less display. Below are a few renders of what we might be seeing later this year.
source – BGR
If you are in the market for a cheap but good Android phone look no further than the Moto G5 Plus. For only $229 you get specs that compete against phones that are far more expensive. In addition to the low price you don’t have to deal with all the bloat of a carrier phone (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile).
Preorder at Bestbuy.com
Full review at androidcentral.com
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processorOcta-core 2GHz processor and 2GB of RAM deliver outstanding overall performance for opening and running applications, flipping through menus, running home screens and more.
- Android 7.0 Nougat OSMakes it easier to take action in the moment, with more personalized settings and smarter notifications.
- Compatible with CDMA and GSM carriers, including Verizon Wireless, Sprint, AT&T and T-MobileAlso compatible with prepaid SIM Kits, including Verizon Wireless Prepaid, Cricket Wireless, Tracfone, Net10, H2O, GoPhone and Simple Mobile.
- 4G LTE speedProvides fast Web connection for downloading apps, streaming content and staying connected with social media.
- 5.2″ touch screen LCD with Full HD 1080p resolution and 424 ppiExtra-large screen is matched with a slim body to comfortably fit in your hand. Corning™ Gorilla™ Glass 3 resists scratches.
- 12.0MP camera with Dual Autofocus PixelsWith a high pixel density sensor the camera is able to lock onto a subject easily. Fewer missed shots, more stunning photos day or night. Also includes a front-facing 5.0MP camera for self-portraits.
- 32GB internal memory plus microSD slotProvides plenty of storage space for your contacts, music, photos, apps and more. Expand storage up to 128GB by adding a microSD card (sold separately).
- Your fingerprint keeps your phone secureSwipe your finger on the backside sensor panel to unlock your phone.
- Use your smartphone as a mobile hotspotShare your 4G data connection with other compatible wireless devices.*
- Access to Google PlayBrowse and download apps, magazines, books, movies, and television programs directly to your phone.
- Listen to your favorite tunesStore and play your MP3 files on your phone.
For me, the ability to share your location in Google maps has been a long awaited feature. When I am traveling and want to share my ETA with family or plan to meet someone somewhere, I currently use Glympse. The problem is that to use it with others I have to convince them to put an app on their phone and create an account in order to share my location. Having this feature baked right in to every phone is a great advancement, by eliminating the need for an extra app.
The update should be available soon.
Next time you’re on your way or running late, you can share your real-time location and trip progress from navigation as well. During your next trip, tap the “More” button on the bottom on the navigation screen, and then tap “Share trip.” When you share your trip with people, they’ll see your expected arrival time and can follow your journey as you head toward your destination. Sharing automatically ends when you arrive.
Location sharing on Google Maps is rolling out soon worldwide, and you’ll be able to quickly let your friends and family know where you are and when you’ll get where you’re going. The answer to “where are you?” is only a tap away.
source – Google
This year started off with the LG Android 2.0 watches but much more are coming soon.
Announced today, Fossil Group (NASDAQ: FOSL) will launch more than 300 connected watch styles across 14 brands in 2017. From slimmer and smaller hybrid smartwatches to full-round touchscreen smartwatches with custom AMOLED displays and branded micro-apps, this unprecedented portfolio of fashion-first tech accessories makes one thing clear: By re-imagining the watch experience, Fossil Group has, quite simply, reinvented the watch.
source – Fossil
Diesel On shakes the watch world once again with the introduction of its brand new line of touchscreen smartwatches. Diesel first introduced hybrid smartwatches and trackers in Fall 2016 and is now expanding its connected line-up to include bold, moto-inspired, full-screen smartwatches for its dedicated customer base.
source – Android Police
Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS), a global luxury fashion brand, is pleased to announce a host of new products and initiatives designed to further the growth and excitement generated by last fall’s launch of MICHAEL KORS ACCESS, the brand’s line of smartwatches and activity trackers.
We’re excited to share that Misfit Vapor will be powered by Android Wear 2.0, the latest wearables operating system available from Google. Originally announced in January, Misfit Vapor is a design-forward touchscreen smartwatch that gives you everything you need to keep going right on your wrist, including built-in music and GPS, real-time location and activity tracking, and an optical heart rate sensor.
Vapor will be powered by Android Wear 2.0 to provide an evolved, world class software experience to Misfit users. Our partnership means hundreds of your favorite apps will be available at launch, opening up a multitude of possibilities for Android™ and iPhone users alike.
source – Misfit Vapor
Richard Pryor – Live &Smokin’
Louis C.K. 2017
Chewing Gum – Season 2
Dawn of the Croods – Season 3
The Get Down – Part Two
Win it All
Kubo and the Two Strings
Documentary Now! – Season 2
Kevin Hart – What Now?
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow – Season 2
Chelsea – back for season 2
Mystery Science Theater 3000 – The Return
Homeward Bound – The Incredible Journey
The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show – Season 4
Girlboss – Season 1
Bill Nye Saves the World – Season 21
The Great British Baking Show – Masterclass Season 1-3
The Secret Life of Pets
Disney’s Queen of Katwe
Las Chicas Del Cable – Season 1
Dear White People – Season 1
Samsung announced pre-order and availability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, a powerful and fast 2-in-1 tablet packed with advanced technology. Pre-order for Tab S3 begins on March 17 at $599.99 at Samsung.com and select retailers such as Best Buy and Amazon, with in-store availability starting March 24. The Tab S3 will be available in Black and Silver.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Specifications*
||Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
||9.7” Super AMOLED QXGA (2048×1536)
||Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820
Quad Core 2.15GHz + 1.6GHz
||4GB + 32GB
microSD up to 256GB*
||13MP AF + 5.0MP, Flash
||Accelerometer, Hall Sensor, RGB Sensor, Finger print Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geometric Sensor
||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth® 4.2
||GPS + GLONASS, BEIDOU, GALILEO
||237.3 x 169.0 x 6.0mm 429g(Wi-Fi) / 434g(LTE)
||6,000mAh, Fast Charging
|SAMSUNG SERVICES & APPLICATIONS
||Samsung Smart Switch, Samsung Notes, Air Command, Samsung Flow
||Recording: 4K (3840×2160) @ 30fps
Playback: 4K (3840×2160) @ 60fps
Product page at Bestbuy.com