I hope we see Googles answer to this at Google IO next week.
- YoutTube Music
- Google Play Music
- TuneIn Radio
- iHeart Radio
- Philips Hue
- First Alert Onelink
- Google Chromecast
- Google Chromecast Audio
- Nvidia Shield
- Bang & Olufsen
- Google Photos
- Google Calendar
- Google Keep
- Mad Libs
source – Google
I have used Wemo brand smart switches for years in my own home (before Amazon Echo or Google Home). All of the them are still in use today and get new updates from Belkin periodically. The most recent update was to enable Google Home support. I have yet to use the smart plug but I would imagine that they are built to the same quality. If you have an Amazon Echo or a Google Home you may want to take advantage of this sale.
The Google store is running a great deal, when you buy a Google Home and a Chromecast. Just add both items to your cart and Google will discount your total by 35 bucks giving you the Chromecast for free.
source – Google Store
Google is about to update phones with Android 6.0 or higher with google assistant. As it stands now the update will arrive next week via the google services update in the play store.
“The Google Assistant will begin rolling out this week to English users in the U.S., followed by English in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom, as well as German speakers in Germany. We’ll continue to add more languages over the coming year.
The Google Assistant will automatically come to eligible Android phones running Nougat and Marshmallow with Google Play Services. You’ll also see the Google Assistant on some newly announced partner devices, including the LG G6.”
Here is my top 10 list
1. You can change what name it calls you.
2. It can play Netflix on your TV. When I want to watch a show I can just ask google to play the show on a TV that has a Chromecast attached.
3. You can play music on it. I like this because you can have your music right there when you want it.
4. You can play games with it. It is so fun to play with it. You will like it so much(just say let’s play a game).
5. You can ask it to spell things for you. I use this trick when I am writing or working on homework.
6. You can set timers on her (or it). My Mom uses this for cooking. I use this for when I am reading books and I need to know when to stop for bedtime.
7. You can say goodnight and good morning to it. It makes me happy when I do this. When you tell it good morning it tells you the time and weather.
8. You can have conversations with it. I love this because it feels like I am talking to a real person.
9. It can make animal noises. My 3 year old sister loves this because she loves animals.
10. It will tell you the weather. I need this because I sometimes wear a short sleeve shirt on a cold day, bbbbrrrrrr.
Here are two things I wish it could do.
1. I wish it could speak more languages.
2. I wish it could send texts
I hope you enjoyed my video! Please come back for my next topic.
In a report by the Wallstreet Journal both Google and Amazon are actively working on integrating phone capabilities into their popular devices. For many, a home phone is a thing of the past, having been replaced by multiple cell phones. Having the house phone integrated into our Google home would be a nice feature for us because it would allow our younger kids to call their grandparents and cousins.
Google already has the groundwork lain for this service via google voice. If you didn’t already know, you can use almost any old Android phone as a free home phone. I am currently working on an Article about how to set this up, so that you can cancel your home phone service and use this free option instead. Keep checking back or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google +.
source – Wallstreet Journal
Google announced today that the google home will now allow you to order items, just by asking.
To configure this on your Google Home
- Open your Google Home app
- Open the menu and choose “More Settings”
- Scroll to “Payments”
- From there set your default card and delivery address
- Now you are ready to shop
source – Google